To ensure adequate health and safety awareness, training is provided to all members on a regular basis and when a new member joins the club. The following information is briefed to all club members and parents/guardians when joining.
Safety on the Mat
- Never wear shoes on the mat.
- Come to the training session washed with a clean Gi.
- Watch your space on the mat and if thrown get up quickly to avoid someone falling on you.
- When seated, kneel or sit cross legged. Do not lean on the wall – you may not be able to get out of the way quickly enough.
Safety off the Mat
- Wear shoes at all times when off the mat.
- Always ask permission to leave the mat.
- After using the toilet, wash your hands.
- Do not come to play Judo if you are not fit enough to train.
- If you come to a training session with an injury, inform the coach at the start of the session.
- Do the exercises as shown; do what you can and do it well but not to the point of straining.
- If you are hurt, inform the Coach immediately.
- Keep your medical form up to date.
- Have a current BJA license – it is your insurance.